The Absolute Best Elopement & Wedding Planners in Colorado
Looking for the top elopement or wedding planners in Colorado? This list is definitely for you!
- The Absolute Best Elopement & Wedding Planners in Colorado
- When to hire a wedding planner
- What a wedding planner can do for you
- Elopement photographer vs. elopement planner
- Wedding planner vs. wedding coordinator
- Average cost of a wedding planner in Colorado
- How I chose the planners on this list
- Best Denver Wedding & Elopement Planners
- Best Boulder Wedding & Elopement Planners
- Best Colorado Springs Wedding Planners
- Best North Colorado & Fort Collins Wedding Planners
- Best Vail Wedding Planners
- Best Breckenridge Wedding Planners
- Best Aspen Wedding Planners
- Best Telluride Wedding Planners & Southwest Colorado Wedding Planners
- Best Colorado Budget Wedding Planners
- Do you have questions about Colorado wedding planners?
When to hire a wedding planner
The decision whether or not to hire a planner is a highly personalized decision! It’s going to depend very much on you, the time you have available for planning or willingness to spend your free time planning, and the type of event you’re planning.
Generally speaking, the larger and more complex the wedding event, the more likely you are to find a wedding planner to be very helpful (or even essential!)
Also, if you are strapped for time, or just don’t want to spend your free time planning, a wedding planner can be very useful.
What a wedding planner can do for you
Although many wedding planners offer different levels of service packages, a traditional full service wedding planner will help you by doing the following:
- Venue research
- Recommending local vendors and assisting with booking them, including reviewing contracts for you
- Assisting you with a timeline
- Help you with your budget
- Attends venue tours and tastings
- Event design (brainstorming, details, & decor)
- Coordinating hotel room blocks and/or transportation
- Oversees the wedding rehearsal
- Wedding website design
- Providing wedding etiquette counseling
- Assist with preparing and sending invitations & tracking RSVPs
A partial service planner will assist with some of these components.
Elopement photographer vs. elopement planner
Most elopement photographers these days (myself included) include lots of planning assistance for couples. Typically, your elopement photographer will include help with things like:
- Finding your perfect location
- Recommending local vendors
- Helping you figure out permits
- Assisting you with logistics and your elopement timeline, to make sure your day is relaxed and you get all the photos you want with the best photo lighting
- And more! (for example, I also provide couples with a personalized day-of checklist, specific to whatever activities they might be doing, to make sure they’re totally prepared with whatever gear or wedding day items they may need)
The difference between the planning assistance that an elopement photographer provides compared to an elopement planner is most often that an elopement planner will actually assist you with the booking process for your different vendors. They often help you understand the contracts you are signing. If this extra step is something that you are looking for, an elopement planner may be the right choice for you!
Something to consider, however, is that often elopement and wedding planners have pre-set vendors that they will work with. I have unfortunately encountered some unwillingness with certain elopement planners to work with new vendors. So if you have more specific preferences or want more say in what vendors you hire, a planner might not be the right choice for you.
Wedding planner vs. wedding coordinator
Many people get a bit confused about the difference between a wedding planner and a wedding day-of coordinator.
A wedding planner helps you in the overall planning process. They are helping you plan all the details and components, and taking care of some or all of the tasks I listed above.
On the other hand, a wedding day-of coordinator’s primary duties are on the actual wedding day itself. They will likely be involved beforehand to make sure they have a good understanding of how everything should run on the wedding day, and may even help with things like running the wedding rehearsal. But their primary duty is to take care of details and making sure everything goes smoothly on your wedding day. Their role is really meant to help take the stress off of you on your big day.
Average cost of a wedding planner in Colorado
The cost of a wedding planner will depend greatly on the level of service you book the planner for. Most wedding planners have different packages ranging from partial planning to full service planning.
For partial wedding planning services, on average you can expect to spend between $1,000 and $3,000. For full service planning, expect to spend at least a few thousand, but more like between $5,000 and 10,000, or more.
Another thing to keep in mind is that some wedding planners charge a flat fee, whereas others actually charge a percentage of the total amount you spend on your wedding. Still others actually charge a hybrid fee, which is a mix of a flat fee and a percentage of the amount you spend.
How I chose the planners on this list
There are many wonderful wedding planners throughout Colorado, and so of course no list can be exhaustive. However, I considered both my personal experience working with planners as well as things like Google Reviews and local Colorado best-of lists when putting together this post.
I always recommend you do your own due diligence though, as no vendor is the perfect fit for every couple! Only you can decide what is best for you!
Best Denver Wedding & Elopement Planners
Best Boulder Wedding & Elopement Planners
Best Colorado Springs Wedding Planners
Best North Colorado & Fort Collins Wedding Planners
Best Vail Wedding Planners
Best Breckenridge Wedding Planners
Best Aspen Wedding Planners
Best Telluride Wedding Planners & Southwest Colorado Wedding Planners
Best Colorado Budget Wedding Planners
Do you have questions about Colorado wedding planners?
Was this post helpful for you? Do you have more questions? Join the discussion by leaving a comment below!
Are you planning a Colorado elopement or microwedding?
I’m more than just a photographer. Helping couples create their dream day is what I do best!
Or check out more elopement planning resources…
Hi I’m Kim, a Denver, Colorado based photographer specializing in Adventure Elopements in Colorado and worldwide! Photographing couples on the most special day of their lives is a true honor for me. But I’ve made it my mission to take it one step further than that. When you work with me, you’re getting more than just a photographer. I’m here to help you with all of the planning resources you need to have the most amazing elopement day ever! That includes everything from assistance with location ideas, timeline planning, and lots more free resources. So you can forget the work, and focus on having fun!