22 Best Places to Propose in Colorado
Finding the perfect location is one of the biggest components to pulling off an unforgettable proposal! Check out this post if you’re looking for an epic proposal location in Colorado!
- 22 Best Places to Propose in Colorado
- Where to propose in Denver
- Places to propose in Colorado Springs
- Best places to propose in Boulder, CO
- Best places to propose in Breckenridge, CO
- Other proposal ideas in the mountains
- More ideas for where to propose in Colorado
- Looking for a proposal photographer? I would love to help!
- Are you planning a marriage proposal?
- I’m more than just a photographer. Creating epic proposal experiences is what I do best!
- Fill out the contact form below and let’s chat about your vision!
- Or check out some of my other planning resources!
Where to propose in Denver
Denver Botanic Gardens
The Denver Botanic Gardens can make a beautiful backdrop for your proposal. With 23 acres of gardens, you should definitely be able to find a quiet location to pop the question.
They also have a number of special events throughout the year, which can make for an easy excuse to get your significant other to go with you.
If you’re looking for a city vibe for your proposal, the Wynkoop Bridge near downtown Denver is a great spot! There are several nearby restaurants so you can grab drinks and a bite to eat either before or afterwards!
Similar to Wynkoop Bridge, Larimer Square has an urban vibe and is a great spot to propose due to all the nearby restaurants and shops.
Wynkoop Bridge and Larimer Square are actually only a few blocks apart in Downtown Denver, so you could choose one of these spots to propose and then get some additional photos in the other spot!
Red Rocks Amphitheater and Park
The Red Rocks Amphitheater and Park is a classic Denver location and has beautiful views for your Denver proposal.
There are lots of trails at this park or you can find a totally accessible location to pop the big question!
Places to propose in Colorado Springs
If you want epic Colorado mountain views for your proposal, Pikes Peak could be a great choice! If you want a great adventure, you could hike to the top. You can also drive to the top of Pikes Peak if that suits you better!
Garden of the Gods
Garden of the Gods is another iconic Colorado location. There are lots of places within the park that will give you some beautiful views as the backdrop for your proposal.
This spot is very popular, so I always recommend going early in the day if you want some privacy for your big moment.
The Paint Mines near Colorado Springs is definitely one of the most unique places on this list.
With unique rock formations in other worldly colors, this location will make for a very cool proposal story and photos!
Best places to propose in Boulder, CO
Lost Gulch overlook
Lost Gulch overlook has gorgeous mountain views accessible from right next to the parking lot which is off of Flagstaff road in Boulder, Colorado.
This location has some of the best sunrises and sunsets. However, sunset at this location gets very crowded, so I definitely recommend visiting in the morning!
Red Rocks Trail
Red Rocks trail is a lesser known location in Boulder and requires a bit of a hike. But if you’re willing to hike, you can have some beautiful red rock formations as the backdrop for your proposal.
Plus, this location is a lot less crowded than many other areas in Boulder.
Chautauqua Park has several trails and is a popular location due to its beautiful views of the Flatirons. This is another location that I recommend visiting at sunrise if possible due to the crowds.
If you’re looking for an accessible lake with some mountain backdrops, Boulder Reservoir is a great spot for your proposal! I typically recommend the trail along the north shore.
Although you’ll definitely see other people in this location, there are usually lots of quieter spots you can find for your big moment.
Best places to propose in Breckenridge, CO
Located near Breckenridge, Boreas Pass can make for a great scenic drive to accompany your proposal. This location is especially beautiful in the fall when the leaves are changing; however, it does get much more crowded during this time.
Sapphire Point is located in Dillon but is not a very far drive from Breckenridge, Colorado.
The Sapphire Point overlook is just a short walk from the parking lot. There are beautiful views of Lake Dillon with mountains in the background.
If you’re looking for a short hike to go with your proposal, definitely look into Blue Lakes near Breckenridge. This trail is only a mile with minimal elevation gain, but there is a big payoff with alpine lake and mountain views!
Other proposal ideas in the mountains
Located near Aspen, the Maroon Bells is considered to be the most photographed spot in the state of Colorado. The Maroon Peak and North Maroon Peak tower over the valley below, which will give you a stunning backdrop for your proposal.
It’s important to note that the road up to Maroon Bells is only open from mid May to mid October each year. You can find out more about visiting the Maroon Bells here.
Rocky Mountain National Park
Rocky Mountain National Park is one of the most visited spots in Colorado. There are tons of options for your proposal, including Bear Lake, Sprague Lake, Moraine Park, and many more!
Besides Pikes Peak, Mount Evans is the only other 14er in Colorado where you can drive up to the summit. Although this location is very popular, it definitely offers incredible views.
Guanella Pass is another high mountain pass in Colorado with great views. Similar to Boreas Pass, Guanella Pass has beautiful fall foliage (however, it also gets busier at this time of year).
More ideas for where to propose in Colorado
A hike into Hanging Lake will make for a very unique and scenic proposal experience! Keep in mind that you do need a permit to visit this spot!
Great Sand Dunes National Park
Some people are surprised to learn that Colorado has sand dunes, but it does! Great Sand Dunes National Park is one of the more unique locations in the state and will make for a very adventurous proposal location!
If you and your partner are adventurous, consider a hike or other type of adventure for your proposal! Your proposal doesn’t just have to be saying a view words and asking the big question. You can make it into an epic experience your partner will never forget.
Colorado has hundreds of trails with beautiful views to consider, or talk to a photographer who can help you find the perfect spot! As a proposal photographer, one of the things that I help clients with is location research and planning!
Airbnb or VRBO
This can be a great idea for a private proposal. Or you might consider this as an alternative to proposing at home, since it is a more simple option but it will still feel special.
Here are a few Colorado Airbnb locations that would work great for your proposal!
Instagram worthy Colorado Airbnb rentals for your proposal!
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out more of my favorite Colorado Airbnb listings here that would be perfect for your proposal!
Please note that some links above are associate links, and I may earn a small fee if you book using these links. However, all opinions and favorites are my own!
Looking for a proposal photographer? I would love to help!
What’s included in my proposal photography package?
My Colorado proposal packages start at 2 hours, but when you work with me you’re getting way more than just a photographer.
I am fully invested in making sure every single one of my clients has the most amazing proposal experience possible. That’s why I offer help in ways that most photographers don’t!
Here are just a few things that come with having me as your proposal photographer, adventure partner, friend, and guide:
- Documenting your epic proposal day. Your proposal is more than just asking a simple yes or no question. This is one of the most special days in your life, and it really is about the entire experience of your day. That includes everything from waking up and enjoying breakfast together, getting dressed, hopping in the car and heading out for an exciting adventure, finding an amazing place to pop the question, popping champagne, having an epic celebration afterwards…you get the idea! This definitely isn’t about an all day photo shoot. This isn’t about forced smiles or cheesy poses. Think of me more as a “fly on the wall,” documenting your special moments, so when you two look back at your photos in 20 or 30 years, you can relive this amazing day again and again.
- Custom proposal planning tools and guidance. Every client I work with gets access to customized planning tools, planning resources, and guidance to help make your proposal planning as stress free as possible. From location ideas to timeline planning, no detail is overlooked. Forget the work, and focus on having fun!
- All your photos. You’ll have access to a fully-edited online gallery of your images, which you can download in either high-resolution or web-size (for sharing on social media). You can also order printed products like albums, canvas prints, or framed prints right from your online gallery if you choose. Or share your gallery with friends and family so they can relive the experience with you!
- Travel included. All my packages include my travel, so you’re never surprised by extra fees.
Get in touch if you’d like to learn more about proposal package options.
Are you planning a marriage proposal?
I’m more than just a photographer. Creating epic proposal experiences is what I do best!
Fill out the contact form below and let’s chat about your vision!
Or check out some of my other planning resources!
Hi I’m Kim, a Denver, Colorado based photographer specializing in epic proposal photography in Colorado and worldwide! Photographing couples on such a special day is a true honor for me. But I’ve made it my mission to take it one step further than that. When you work with me, you’re getting more than just a photographer. I’m here to help you with all of the planning resources you need to plan the most amazing proposal ever! That includes everything from assistance with location planning, proposal ideas and logistics, plus lots more free resources. So you can forget the work, and focus on having fun!