Instagram Worthy Colorado Airbnbs for your Wedding or Elopement
Find a Colorado Airbnb wedding or elopement venue from this list of incredible, jaw-dropping properties. Plus, learn everything you need to know about having your microwedding or elopement at an Airbnb with this complete guide.
- Instagram Worthy Colorado Airbnbs for your Wedding or Elopement
- 8 Reasons why you should have your Colorado microwedding or elopement at an Airbnb
- What you need to know before booking an Airbnb wedding venue!
- Airbnb Elopements
- What if the Airbnb doesn’t allow parties or events?
- How to find an Airbnb for your wedding
- Colorado Airbnb Wedding Venues
- More tips for your choosing a Colorado Airbnb for your Wedding or Elopement
- Airbnb Wedding FAQ
- Are you planning an elopement or microwedding?
- I’m more than just a photographer. Helping couples create their dream day is what I do best!
- Get in touch with the form below and let’s chat about your vision!
- Get more elopement and microwedding info here!
- Or check out more elopement planning resources…
8 Reasons why you should have your Colorado microwedding or elopement at an Airbnb
More and more couples are considering alternatives to big, traditional weddings these days!
Whether that be eloping on the top of a mountain or getting married at a private rental home, there are really a lot of options once you start to think outside the box a little bit.
Here are my top 8 reasons to consider getting married at an Airbnb or VRBO!
- COVID-19 ruined your original wedding plans. If you were planning to get married in 2020 (or maybe even 2021…yikes!) but COVID-19 ruined your original wedding plans, you may still be able to have a smaller wedding celebration at a private rental home.
- A unique wedding venue. There are some truly unique and fun properties on Airbnb once you start to dig in. Check out my list below for a few examples!
- Double duty as your hotel and venue. You’ll hit two birds with one stone by having both a place to stay and a venue for your ceremony or reception when you have an Airbnb wedding.
- All your friends and family can stay together. When you rent a large Airbnb, you can extend the celebration with your friends and family by all staying there together!
- Built-in backup plan for inclement weather. This one is huge, since Colorado weather can change at the drop of a hat! When you have your wedding at an Airbnb, you have a built in backup plan for bringing the wedding inside.
- All the amenities of being at home. When you get married at an Airbnb, it’s almost like being at home. You have a kitchen right there, your getting ready area, and a cozy place to celebrate with friends and family.
- Separate getting ready rooms. Another great facet of an Airbnb elopement or wedding is that you’ll have separate getting ready areas for the bride and groom in the same location.
- Reception options. Last but not least, you have some great options for a reception or celebration, including ordering catering from a restaurant, hiring a private chef, or having a more casual potluck or BBQ style dinner after the ceremony!
What you need to know before booking an Airbnb wedding venue!
UPDATE: As of August 20, 2020, Airbnb updated their policies to strictly limit guests at all properties to 16 people in the interest of public health (for reservations made after 8/20/20). This new policy also prohibits any events that are not authorized by the host and events without a fixed guest list. Read more here.
An important reminder about using an Airbnb as your wedding venue or elopement location:
Always contact the owner and get approval for your specific plans with them BEFORE booking the property.
You can message the owners on Airbnb, and get confirmation (in writing) from them quickly and easily!
This is a very important step, regardless of what the listing says, because rules can change at any time! Also, some properties have additional costs associated with hosting events, and you’ll probably want to know about this upfront. The last thing you want is to put money down on a property, and then be surprised to learn that your wedding won’t be allowed at the location after all.
Also, make sure to read all the rules on the property listing very carefully before booking. If there are rules, such as quiet hours or pet restrictions, you’ll also want to be aware of these to make sure they match your needs!
The properties I’ve included in my list below are those that don’t have a restriction on parties or events (at the time this was written).
But if you’re planning for your elopement day to just be the two of you and the photographer, or just one or two guests, you might find you have more flexibility with an Airbnb rental, even if the rules disallow parties.
Many property owners are okay with having a very small elopement at their home, as opposed to one with 20 to 30 guests or more, because it is less risky for them. So if you find a property you really like that says “no parties or events,” it may still be worth messaging the owner to ask about your plans.
What if the Airbnb doesn’t allow parties or events?
What should you do if you fall in love with an Airbnb for your wedding, but then you see that the rules say “No parties or events”?
Well, you can always try messaging the owners anyway–it never hurts to ask!
Of course, you should be upfront and specific about what your plans are.
Are you just exchanging vows, or will you be having a celebration afterwards? Is your celebration just a quiet dinner? How many people are going to be there?
The owners can assess what their risk is and what they are okay with. If they say no, it’s important to respect this. It’s not worth risking your security deposit or being charged a fee for damages!
How to find an Airbnb for your wedding
When looking for a property to use as your Airbnb wedding venue or elopement location, the first thing to check is whether the property has a rule against “Parties or events.”
Airbnb used to have a search filter to be able to easily find such properties, but unfortunately they removed this.
But don’t worry! I’ve done the hard work for you, looking through literally hundreds of properties to find the ones that allow events (at the time of writing this post).
Colorado Airbnb Wedding Venues
Here are just a few of my favorite properties I’ve found on Airbnb that would make a great location for a wedding or elopement!
*****IMPORTANT NOTE: Remember to always confirm your specific plans for hosting a wedding or elopement with the owner BEFORE booking the Airbnb! Policies can change at any time or extra fees could apply for the event.
UPDATE: As of August 20, 2020, Airbnb updated their policies to strictly limit guests at all properties to 16 people in the interest of public health (for reservations made after 8/20/20). This new policy also prohibits any events that are not specifically authorized by the host and events without a fixed guest list. Read more here.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out more of my favorite Colorado Airbnb Wedding and Elopement listings here!
Photos above from Airbnb listings. Please note that some links above are associate links, and I may earn a small cut from Airbnb’s booking fee if you book using these links. However, this is at no additional cost to you. Also, all opinions and favorites are my own!
More tips for your choosing a Colorado Airbnb for your Wedding or Elopement
When considering a property for an Airbnb Wedding or Elopement, there are a number of questions you’ll want to ask yourself about the property to make sure it’s a good fit for your needs.
- Is the location of the Airbnb a good fit for my needs?
- If the ceremony is in another location, is the Airbnb nearby?
- Are there local vendors in the area, such as florists, hair and makeup artists, officiants, etc.?
- Are there restaurants or grocery stores nearby for supplies and food for a reception or celebration?
- Are there hiking areas or other activities nearby that fit my needs?
- Is there sufficient parking at the Airbnb for us, the vendors, and any guests?
- Does the Airbnb have good natural lighting for photos?
- Does the decor and vibe fit what I’m looking for on my wedding day?
- Are pets allowed?
- Are there any noise ordinances or neighboring houses nearby that I need to be aware of?
- Are the reviews good for the Airbnb? Always check these before booking!
Airbnb Wedding FAQ
Yes, you can have a wedding at an Airbnb, as long as the property owners allow events! You can check this in the rules of the property, but it’s always a good idea to contact the owners before booking.
Yes, many VRBO properties allow weddings, but you’ll want to check that the rules of the property state that events are allowed. It’s also a good idea to contact the owners to confirm your plans before booking.
First, find a property that allows parties or events, and confirm your plans with the owner before booking. Then, book the property as you normally would book a rental. It’s a good idea to rent the property for at least the before through the day after your event.
There are so many unique and fun ways to have an amazing wedding without paying exorbitant venue fees. You just have to think outside the box a little bit. One of my favorite ways is to rent a beautiful Airbnb or VRBO for your wedding.
Are you planning an elopement or microwedding?
I’m more than just a photographer. Helping couples create their dream day is what I do best!
Get in touch with the form below and let’s chat about your vision!
Or check out more elopement planning resources…
Hi I’m Kim, a Denver, Colorado based photographer specializing in Adventure Elopements in Colorado and worldwide! Photographing couples on the most special day of their lives is a true honor for me. But I’ve made it my mission to take it one step further than that. When you work with me, you’re getting more than just a photographer. I’m here to help you with all of the planning resources you need to have the most amazing elopement day ever! That includes everything from assistance with location ideas, timeline planning, and lots more free resources. So you can forget the work, and focus on having fun!