Your Guide to Elope in Colorado Springs
Are you thinking about planning an elopement near Colorado Springs? Check out this guide for information on Colorado Springs elopement locations, Colorado Springs elopement packages, and lots more!
- Your Guide to Elope in Colorado Springs
- 5 reasons why Colorado Springs is a great place to elope
- Best places to elope in Colorado Springs
- Choosing when to elope in Colorado Springs
- Nearby hikes for your elopement
- Where to have your Colorado Springs elopement reception
- Colorado elopement photographer packages
- Let’s chat about your vision for your elopement day!
- More posts you might enjoy!
5 reasons why Colorado Springs is a great place to elope
- One of the great things about eloping in Colorado Springs is the variety of scenery to choose from, including mountains, red rocks, lush green spaces, and more! Check out the best places to elope in Colorado Springs listed below for some examples.
- Many locations are accessible year round. If you’re nervous about having a winter elopement in Colorado because of unpredictable access issues in the mountains, Colorado Springs has some great options.
- Many of the locations to elope in Colorado Springs are very accessible! This can be great if you want beautiful views but don’t want to have to hike a long way to get to them.
- Dogs friendly locations! If having your dog with you for your elopement is important to you, you’ll definitely be able to find a dog friendly location near Colorado Springs.
- Large airports nearby. If you’re traveling to Colorado from out of state, you may be able to conveniently fly right into Colorado Springs. Alternatively, Denver International Airport is only 1.5 hours from Colorado Springs.
Want to know more about what the word “elopement” means and the differences between a wedding and an elopement? Check out this post to learn more!
Best places to elope in Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods
Garden of the Gods is an iconic Colorado location with beautiful red rock formations and views of Pikes Peak. Check out this complete guide to eloping in Garden of the Gods for more details!
The Paint Mines Elopement
The Paint Mines near Colorado Springs is one of the most unique places you can elope in Colorado. With a variety of rock formations in hues of yellow, orange, and pink, you’ll almost feel like you’re on another planet.
Pikes Peak Elopement
If you want an adventurous elopement and epic Colorado mountain views, Pikes Peak could be a great choice for you! You can hike to the top for a true adventure or you can just drive up if you prefer.
Other fun idea to consider for your elopement would be to rent an Airbnb or VRBO with epic views. There are plenty of properties with great views throughout the Colorado Springs area. If both privacy and accessibility are important to you, renting a private property is a great choice!
I also always recommend talking to your photographer about finding a location. Most of the popular locations, while very beautiful, will also be crowded. Elopement photographers spend a lot of time scouting locations and can help you find those more private, hidden gems.
Choosing when to elope in Colorado Springs
Although there are great location options at any time of year, it’s good to keep in mind that some locations are only easily accessible in the summer (e.g., Pikes Peak).
Weather conditions can also vary significantly from day to day (especially in the Fall, Winter, and Spring), and conditions can also vary significantly between lower elevations and higher ones. Talking with a locally-based professional can help you get a better understanding of what to expect for your chosen location.
In Colorado Springs during the summer, the mornings and evenings are pleasant, although it can get quite warm during the day. The summer also tends to see the most afternoon storms, which can help with cooling off the hotter temperatures.
The spring and fall in Colorado Springs are not as hot during the day but the weather and temperatures can be more unpredictable. Every year is a little different as to exactly when the seasons start to change. But normally May is when the wildflowers start to bloom.
In the winter, Colorado Springs does get snow, although it tends to melt quickly in the lower lying areas which can make for more pleasant outdoor days. March tends to be the snowiest month of the year!
Because of the popularity of many Colorado Springs locations, I always recommend a weekday elopement if at all possible. It will offer you significantly less crowds and more privacy than a weekend elopement.
Time of day
Equally as important as choosing a weekday elopement over a weekend elopement, is choosing a time of day that will offer you the best chance of privacy.
Early mornings are by far the best time to elope if privacy is important to you. If you can’t make a morning elopement work for you two, evenings are generally the next best time.
Nearby hikes for your elopement
One of the best things about eloping in Colorado is the opportunity to add in a little adventure! Maybe you’re interested in having a hiking wedding or maybe you just want to have some extra fun on another day during your visit to Colorado. Either way, there are a ton of great hiking options near Colorado Springs! Here are a few:
- Perkins Central Garden Trail (1.1 miles; 75 feet elevation gain)
- Buckskin Charlie Trail Loop (1.5 miles; 127 feet elevation gain)
- Seven Bridges Trail (3.7 miles; 1,033 feet elevation gain)
- Palmer Trail/Section 16 (5.7 miles; 1,292 feet elevation gain)
- Mount Muscoco Trail (3.7 miles; 1,292 feet elevation gain)
- Cabin Canyon, Siamese Twins, Palmer and Central Garden Trail Loop (4.3 miles; 616 feet elevation gain)
Where to have your Colorado Springs elopement reception
Here are a few different options for celebrating your Colorado Springs elopement, whether that be just the two of you or with others.
A picnic on the trail or at a local pavilion is always a great option for celebrating your elopement.
Another option would be to make a reservation at a nearby restaurant for your reception. Many restaurants have a private event space option. You could also consider having your reception at a nearby distillery or craft brewery!
Finally, if you love good food but want more privacy to celebrate your marriage, consider hiring a local private chef. This is a great option if you’re renting an Airbnb or VRBO in the area.
Check out this elopement reception planning guide for more ideas and inspiration for your post elopement celebration!
Most couples choose to work with at least a few vendors. Here are some local Colorado Springs vendors you may want to consider for your elopement!
- Amber Mustain Floral Design
- Bloom Bar & Co.
- Rhonda Nichols Floral Design
- Eco Chic Bouquets (wooden floral arrangements)
Hair and Make Up
Colorado elopement photographer packages
What’s included in my elopement photography package?
My Colorado elopement packages start at 4 hours, but when you work with me you’re getting way more than just a photographer.
I am fully invested in making sure every single one of my clients has the most amazing elopement day possible. That’s why I offer help in ways that most photographers don’t!
Here are just a few things that come with having me as your photographer, adventure partner, friend, and guide:
- Documenting your epic elopement day. Of course as your photographer, I’m going to make sure you have amazing photos to look back on every special moment of your day. The tears as you share your commitment vows, the laughs when your dog does something silly like always, your first champagne toast together as husband and wife.
- Custom elopement planning tools and guidance. Every client I work with gets access to customized planning tools, planning resources, and guidance to help make your elopement planning as stress free as possible. From location ideas to timeline planning, no detail is overlooked. Forget the work, and focus on having fun!
- All your photos. You’ll have access to a fully-edited online gallery of your images, which you can download in either high-resolution or web-size (for sharing on social media). You can also order printed products like albums, canvas prints, or framed prints right from your online gallery if you choose. Or share your gallery with friends and family so they can relive the experience with you!
- Travel included. All my packages include my travel, so you’re never surprised by extra fees.
Get in touch if you’d like to learn more about elopement package options.
How many hours do I need for my elopement package?
Although my elopement packages start at 4 hours, most people choose between an 8 hour, 12 hour, or even multi-day elopement package. How many hours of coverage you need greatly depends on what you want to do for your elopement!
Your wedding day is much more than just saying your vows and taking a few pictures. This is one of the most special days in your life, and it really is about the entire experience of your day.
That includes everything from waking up and enjoying breakfast together, getting dressed, hopping in the car and heading out for an exciting adventure, finding an amazing place to say your vows, having your first dance together, popping champagne, having an epic celebration afterwards…you get the idea!
Consider a traditional wedding, which easily lasts a full day for the bride and groom. Once you start thinking about badass activities you want to do, like hiking, jeeping, or rock climbing, it’s pretty easy to see how an elopement would be a full day!
This definitely isn’t about having an all day photo shoot. Think of me more like a fly on the wall. I’m here to help you document your dream day, so you can continue to look back on your day and relive it again and again, for years to come!
Hi I’m Kim, a Denver, Colorado based photographer specializing in Adventure Elopements in Colorado and worldwide! Photographing couples on the most special day of their lives is a true honor for me. But I’ve made it my mission to take it one step further than that. When you work with me, you’re getting more than just a photographer. I’m here to help you with all of the planning resources you need to have the most amazing elopement day ever! That includes everything from assistance with location ideas, timeline planning, and lots more free resources. So you can forget the work, and focus on having fun!