The Only Elopement Checklist You’ll Need
Start planning your big day with this jam-packed elopement checklist. Save time, reduce stress, and let this elopement checklist pave your way.
- The Only Elopement Checklist You’ll Need
- Months and weeks leading up to the elopement
- Day of elopement
- Days after elopement
- Looking for a photographer for your elopement or microwedding?
- Are you planning an elopement or microwedding?
- I’m more than just a photographer. Helping couples create their dream day is what I do best!
- Get in touch and let’s chat about your vision!
- Get more elopement and microwedding info here!
- Or check out more elopement planning resources…
Planning an elopement can be tough, especially when you have no starting point and there are millions of thoughts racing through your mind. Getting ideas and timelines onto paper can not only be time consuming, but may also leave you worried whether your list is complete or missing that one detail you didn’t think of. Luckily, there are tools to help people process big events and assist with laying out major milestones.
This elopement checklist is that be-all-end-all guide and it will give you the necessary ideas to begin planning for your elopement.
Months and weeks leading up to the elopement
- Set a budget
- Brainstorm locations
- Hire a photographer (your photographer can help you figure out the perfect location!)
- Set your elopement date
- Decide on an elopement location
- Reserve your elopement location or apply for special use permits if needed
- Determine if you need a witness or officiant according to the laws where you’re eloping
- Figure out any necessary backup plans for locations
- Create a website (if desired)
- Buy your dress and/or suit/tux
- Research and hire local vendors
- Officiant (unless you’re self-solemnizing!)
- Hair/makeup artist
- Catering/Private Chef/Restaurant
- Decide on a honeymoon location
- Finalize guest list (if needed)
- Plan your bachelor/bachelorette party (if desired)
- Book your travel (if needed)
- Car rental
- Verify travel documents are up-to-date
- International driver’s license
- Get dress and/or suit/tux altered
- Purchase wedding accessories
- Purchase items for ceremony / elopement activities
- Select wedding music and create any playlists
- Purchase wedding rings
- Create elopement day timeline
- Make arrangements when you’re away
- Pet boarding/sitting
- House sitting
- Write wedding vows
- Purchase spouse’s gift (if giving one)
- Obtain your marriage license
- Pack for elopement/honeymoon (if needed)
- Review backup plans (just in case)
Day of elopement
- Get your hair and makeup done
- Get manicure/pedicure
- Check the weather forecast
- Have an amazing elopement day!
Days after elopement
- Announce your elopement
- Plan a party if you want
- Send thank you notes
No matter how big or how small, complex or simple, expensive or frugal, one thing should always hold true – this special day is yours and you should celebrate it your way. Make this elopement checklist your own and use it to make your dream day a reality.
Looking for a photographer for your elopement or microwedding?
Looking for someone to help you document your special day? I’m a Colorado-based elopement and intimate wedding photographer, and I love helping couples turn their vision for their dream day into a reality!
I’d be honored to help you with photographing your elopement or microwedding. Learn more below!
What’s included in my elopement photography package?
My Colorado elopement/microwedding packages start at 4 hours, but when you work with me you’re getting way more than just a photographer.
I am fully invested in making sure every single one of my clients has the most amazing elopement day possible. That’s why I offer help in ways that most photographers don’t!
Here are just a few things that come with having me as your photographer, adventure partner, friend, and guide:
- Documenting your epic elopement day. Of course as your photographer, I’m going to make sure you have amazing photos so you can relive your special day again and again. There are so many special moments outside of just saying your vows and taking portraits. Everything from the anticipation as you’re each getting ready, the laughs when your dog does something silly like always, the tears as you share your commitment vows, or your first champagne toast together as husband and wife. As a photographer, my focus is documenting these candid and REAL moments of your day, in a natural way. No forced or cheesy smiles here!
- Custom elopement planning tools and guidance. Every client I work with gets access to customized planning tools, planning resources, and guidance to help make your small wedding or elopement planning as stress free as possible. From location ideas to timeline planning to vendor recommendations, no detail is overlooked. Forget the work, and focus on having fun!
- All your photos. You’ll have access to a fully-edited online gallery of your images, which you can download in either high-resolution or web-size (ideal for sharing on social media). You can also order printed products like albums, canvas prints, or framed prints right from your online gallery if you choose. Or share your gallery with friends and family so they can relive the experience with you!
- Travel included. All my packages include my travel, so you’re never surprised by extra fees.
Are you planning an elopement or microwedding?
I’m more than just a photographer. Helping couples create their dream day is what I do best!
Or check out more elopement planning resources…
Hi I’m Kim, a Denver, Colorado based photographer specializing in Adventure Elopements in Colorado and worldwide! Photographing couples on the most special day of their lives is a true honor for me. But I’ve made it my mission to take it one step further than that. When you work with me, you’re getting more than just a photographer. I’m here to help you with all of the planning resources you need to have the most amazing elopement day ever! That includes everything from assistance with location ideas, timeline planning, and lots more free resources. So you can forget the work, and focus on having fun!